Creative Greensboro is now accepting submissions for the 2025 New Play Project. Submissions are open to any North Carolina resident or student playwright. The deadline for submissions is November 13.
1. Selected script(s) will receive a workshop production by Creative Greensboro at the Stephen D Hyers
Theater. A MP4 of the production, a copy of the playbill and copy of the review(s) by the media will be
presented to the playwright(s).
2. The playwright(s) will receive the Mark Gilbert Award, a $500 prize provided by the Mark Gilbert Estate.
City of Greensboro employees are not eligible for the Mark Gilbert Award.
1. A committee appointed by Creative Greensboro will select which play(s) is produced.
2. Decisions of the selection committee are final and the committee reserves the right not to select a new play.
3. The selection committee will score each script based on the following elements: Story, Character, Dialogue, Production Value, and Production Readiness.
4. Due to the large number of submissions, we cannot provide individual feedback for each entry.
5. Announcement of the selected play(s) will be around January 19, 2024 (subject to change)
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
1. Eligibility: Only North Carolina residents & students, and members of the Greensboro Playwrights’ Forum, are eligible for submission. City of Greensboro employees are not eligible for the $500 Mark Gilbert Award.
2. Fee: There is no fee to enter.
3. Length: Plays under 60 pages will not be considered.
4. Format: Only ‘Standard Play Script’ format should be used. Other formats, including screenplay
format, are not acceptable. Reference guide:
5. Submission must include a no contact copy or “blind “copy.